ABOUT – EEE DEPARTMENT
Established as one of the major departments of the Institute, since its inception in 2013, the Department of Electrical Engineering is actively engaged in teaching and research. With an annual intake of 60 students the department offers one under graduate programme in electrical engineering. With a view to attracting excellent students in UG programmes, the College has established a number of scholarships.
The Department currently has fifteen faculty members. The number of full-time doctoral faculty in the department is 3 and the number of full-time non doctoral faculty in the department is 12. The Department has 1 Professor, 1 visiting professor, 3 Associate Professors and 11 Assistant Professors. The current Head of the Department is Dr. Anjali Varghese C. The faculty members of the department are committed in facilitating the best education and training for the students.
- Add On courses – In-house and External.
- Well-equipped Labs with Extra equipment and modern simulation tools.
- Regular industrial visits and training.
- Industry tie up–to facilitates students in gaining skills that equip them for successful careers.
- Provision for co-curricular and extracurricular activities in nationally reputed institutes.
- Proficient faculty members regularly attends FDP’s and publishes technical papers enriching the resourcefulness of the department.
- To create globally competent engineers with an attitude for research and service to the society.
- Empower students to solve engineering problems by providing state of the art learning environment.
- Counsel students towards choice of career and higher studies and cultivate entrepreneurship skills through industry-academia linkage.
- Promote continuous professional development and academic networking among the faculty.
- Initiate academic research in collaboration with industries for betterment of the society.
- Develop students into responsible citizens through ethical conduct, empathy towards the less privileged and value based community initiatives.
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
PSO1: Apply logical reasoning to evaluate real time Electrical Engineering problems and solve them by synthesizing the knowledge in Power Electronics, Control systems, Industrial Drives, Power Systems, Digital and analog electronics and related areas.
PSO2: Demonstrate proficiency in data interpretation and analysis, documentation and presentation of results in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
PSO3: Exhibit need based technical skills in areas like Automation and Drives, LT installation design, to cope up with the demands of Industry.