ABOUT – CIVIL DEPARTMENT
- To become an educational hub and centre of innovative excellence in the field of civil engineering thereby to serve society through continuing education and research.
- To identify real-life problems and propose solutions to face the challenges in civil engineering domain through effective teaching learning process.
- To refine the technical skills, knowledge and ethical values of the students for the sustainable development of the society.
- To be a center of excellence in collaborated research projects, offering opportunities for long term interaction with industries.
- To ignite the spark of entrepreneurship in students leading them to start their own ventures.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- Our students will be able to critically analyze and solve engineering related problems, become professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Our students will inherent intellectual curiosity that motivate lifelong learning and allows for flexible response to the rapidly evolving challenges of technological development.
- Our students will inculcate professional and ethical values, team spirit and leadership skills.
- Our students will be committed to the needs of the society and protection of the environment.
- Our students will contribute to sustainable economic growth of the nation and improve the quality of life.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
01. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
02. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
03. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
04. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
05. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
06. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
07. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
08. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
09. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Graduates in Civil Engineering will be able to:
1. Plan, Analyze, Interpret, Design, and Retrofit all types of Civil Engineering structures using relevant standards, techniques and softwares.
2. Propose innovative solutions through sustainable and eco - friendly approach for the environmental impacts of construction projects and natural disasters.
3. Anticipate and adapt to the changing industry demands.